We are a nationally-acclaimed, multi-hospital health system anchored by a leading academic medical center. Each year, more than 1,000,000 people are treated by a team of healthcare professionals who are part of Erlanger.
Our hospitals include:
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital, Chattanooga, TN
- Children's Hospital at Erlanger, Chattanooga, TN
- Erlanger North Hospital, Chattanooga, TN
- Erlanger East Hospital, Chattanooga, TN
- Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital, Pikeville, TN.
- Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital, Murphy, NC
- Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital, Chattanooga, TN
- Is the tri-state region's only Level I Trauma Center, providing the highest level of trauma care for adults.
- Is part of the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network that includes 56 hospitals and 4,000 participating physicians and clinicians.
- Has six LIFE FORCE air ambulances in its fleet, three based in Tennessee, two in North Georgia, and one in North Carolina.
- Is home to Children's Hospital at Erlanger which includes the region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, as well as a pediatric trauma team, Emergency Center, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Serves as the region's only academic medical center, affiliated with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center – College of Medicine Chattanooga.
- Houses the Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center, recognized for its comprehensive stroke and neurosciences program.
We compassionately care for people.
Erlanger is a nationally-acclaimed health system anchored by a leading academic medical center. As such, we will deliver the highest quality to diverse populations, at the lowest cost, through personalized patient experiences across all patient access points. Through innovation and growth, we will sustain our success and spark economic development across the Chattanooga region.
Our Core Values
- Excellence - We distinguish ourselves and the services we provide by our commitment to excellence, demonstrating our results in measurable ways.
- Respect - We pay attention to others, listening carefully, and responding in ways that demonstrate our understanding and concern.
- Leadership - We differentiate ourselves by our actions, earning respect from those we lead through innovation and performance.
- Accountability - We are responsible for our words and our actions. We strive to fulfill all of our promises and to meet the expectations of those who trust us for their care.
- Nurturing - We encourage growth and development for our staff, students, faculty and everyone we serve.
- Generosity - We are giving people. We give our time, talent and resources to benefit others.
- Ethics - We earn trust by holding ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct.
- Recognition - We value achievement and acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishments of our team and recognize the contributions of those who support our mission.
50 Years of Partnership with UT Health Science Center
2024 marks a half-century partnership between the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine – Chattanooga and Erlanger. For five decades, we have been dedicated to shaping the future of healthcare by training tomorrow’s leading clinicians.
UT Health Science Center College of Medicine – Chattanooga and Erlanger’s commitment to excellence has stood the test of time, and together we have played a pivotal role in developing skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals. From classrooms to clinics, our journey has been marked by innovation, collaboration, and a shared passion for advancing medical education.