Accreditations, Licenses, and Certifications
When it comes to quality healthcare, you probably want to know whether your hospital is doing the right things—and doing them well. That’s why you may be interested in accreditations, licenses, and certifications—independent assessments that make sure hospitals are meeting quality standards.
Some of Erlanger’s many accreditations, licenses, and certifications include:
- Erlanger Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center – accredited by the Comprehensive Adult and Adolescent Bariatric Center by the Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- LifeForce Air Medical – accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) - Emergency/Critical Care Air Medical Transport Accreditation
Heart and Lung
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs – certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Vascular Lab – accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital – accredited for Primary PCI (coronary angioplasty) and Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology
- Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital – accredited echocardiography program by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
Kidney Transplant and Care
- Renal Transplant Program - accredited by Medicare and the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) and licensed by the State of Tennessee
- Dialysis Unit - licensed by the State of Tennessee and accredited by Medicare
- Clinical Laboratories – accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Blood Bank – accredited by the American Assoication of Blood Banks (AABB)
- Cancer Services – accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer
- Primary Hip/Knee Replacement Program – certified by DNV GL*
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Program – certified by DNV GL*
- Clinical Pastoral Education Program – accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
- Children’s Hospital at Erlanger – designated a Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center by the State of Tennessee
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – designated as Level IV program (the highest level of neonatal care available) by the State of Tennessee
- Nuclear Medicine Services – earned radioactive materials licenses from the State of Tennessee at the Baroness Campus, Emergency Department, and the Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall
- Erlanger North Sleep Disorders Center – accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
Stroke Care / Neuroscience
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital – certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV GL*
- Erlanger East Hospital – certified as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by DNV GL*
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital – designated Level I Trauma Center by the State of Tennessee and Alabama
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital – designated a Verified Level 1 Trauma Center as designated by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Committee on Trauma
- Children’s Hospital at Erlanger – designated a Pediatric Level I Trauma Center by the State of Alabama
- Mammography – accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) certification at the Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall, Erlanger North, Erlanger Bledsoe and Erlanger Western Carolina.
- Ultrasound Services – accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) at the Baroness Campus, Children’s Hospital, and Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall.
- Erlanger East Breast Center – designated a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence by National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC) by the National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC).
- Erlanger East and Erlanger Imaging Breast Center – accredited by the American College of Surgeons, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
Wellness Education Programs
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Program – certified by the American Diabetes Association
*DNV GL Healthcare: NIAHO (National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) Hospital Accreditation Program