Accreditations, Licenses, and Certifications
When it comes to quality healthcare, you probably want to know whether your hospital is doing the right things—and doing them well. That’s why you may be interested in accreditations, licenses, and certifications—independent assessments that make sure hospitals are meeting quality standards.
Some of Erlanger’s many accreditations, licenses, and certifications include: (updated Nov. 2014)
- DNV GL Healthcare: NIAHO (National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) Hospital Accreditation Program
- The Joint Commission – Certified Center of Excellence for Primary Hip and Knee Replacement
- Cancer services accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer
- Three year accreditation with recommendations from ACS Commission on Cancer
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs certified by the American Association of
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Childbirth education certified by ASPO-Lamaze
- Clinical laboratories on all campuses accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Clinical Pastoral Education program accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
- Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center designated by the State of Tennessee
- Diabetes Self Management EducationProgram certified by the American Diabetes Association
- Dialysis unit licensed by the State of Tennessee and accredited by Medicare
- Erlanger North Sleep Disorders Center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Joint Commission highest level: Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level I Trauma Center designated by the State of Tennessee
- Mammography accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) with Food and Drug
- Administration (FDA) certification at the Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall, Erlanger North, and Erlanger Bledsoe.
- Miller Eye Center accredited by JCAHO as part of Erlanger’s accreditation process.
- Nuclear Medicine Services has radioactive materials licenses from the State of Tennessee at the Baroness Campus, Emergency Department, and the Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) designated as Level IV program (the highest level of neonatal care available) by the State of Tennessee
- Renal Transplant program accredited by Medicare and the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) and licensed by the State of Tennessee
- Ultrasound accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) at the Baroness Campus, Children’s Hospital, Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Mall, and Erlanger North.
- Vascular Lab accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- Voted "Best Place to Have a Baby" 6th consecutive year in Chattanooga Times Free Press Best of the Best survey
- Dr. Bill Moore Smith named "Best Family Doctor" in Chattanooga 4th consecutive year in Chattanooga Times Free Press Best of the Best survey
- Dr. Chris Haddock named "Best Family Doctor" in North Georgia in Chattanooga Times Free Press Best of the Best survey