Visitor's Information - Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital
Hospital visiting hours are restricted to 1PM – 5PM daily, with no visitor admittance after 4:30PM.
Important inpatient and visitor policy changes include:
- Each inpatient may have a single visitor per day, age 16 and over.
- Visitors will be screened at the hospital’s front entrance and will be required to wear a face mask at all times while within the facility. If the visitor does not have a mask, one will be provided while supplies last.
- COVID-19 patients may not have visitors.
- Other restrictions and exceptions are at the discretion of administration.
- Outpatient service areas, including, but not limited to, the Emergency Department, Lab, Radiology and Physician Practices, are not allowing companions or visitors at this time.
- Patients of select Outpatient Surgical Services are allowed one visitor, who will be escorted to the patient’s room and will remain there until patient discharge.
- One parent or guardian is allowed per pediatric patient.
- The cafeteria is closed to the public until further notice.
Please call the hospital receptionist at 828-837-8161 for more information.
Stay comfortable while you stay informed in one of several waiting areas throughout the hospital. Our front lobby features comfortable seating conveniently located near patient registration and the front desk information area. Specific waiting areas can be used for visiting patients in the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, and Same Day Surgery Unit.
Stop the spread of illness and infection before it can start. The surest way of accommodating patients, visitors, and hospital staff is to put safety at the forefront of our policy. If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting patients. We also recommend guests use the hand sanitizer stations located near the entrances of the building.
Visiting hours in general areas, as well as certain units are subject to change depending upon the nature of the flu season. Restrictions may be put into place in order to preserve a healing and comfortable environment for patients and employees. Click here for current guidelines.
Free parking is available throughout the hospital campus. Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please keep valuables locked and out of sight.
The Giving Tree Gift Boutique is located in the front lobby of the hospital and is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The boutique features a large selection of notions, gifts, apparel, treats and more to uplift friends and family during their stay. We offer gift delivery within the hospital at no extra cost. Call 828.835.7663 during regular business hours for details. All proceeds benefit hospital projects and programs through our dedicated volunteer organization.
If you are bringing outside gifts, such as food, drinks or flowers, please check with a nurse prior to delivery. Patients of the Intensive Care Unit or patients under special diet circumstances may not be able to receive the items.
An ATM is located outside near the front/lobby entrance to the hospital.
A small and intimate chapel is located in the hallway near the Same Day Care Unit waiting room. Volunteer chaplains provide spiritual support to patients, families, visitors and employees. Chaplains rotate on a weekly basis and are available to people of faith, as well as those with no particular belief system. To contact a chaplain, ask a nurse to connect you with one of our faith services volunteers.
Free Wi-Fi Internet is available throughout the hospital campus. Simply select your browser and you will be prompted to use the Internet as a Medical Center Guest.
If you’re looking for a reason to fall in love with Western North Carolina, here are some links you might find helpful: