How many PGY1 Residents does Erlanger Health System have each year?
- 4 PGY1 Pharmacy Residents per residency year
What is the deadline for applications in PhORCAS?
What are the eligibility requirements for applying to the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency?
- Completion of the Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Eligibility for Tennessee Licensure
What are the application requirements in PhORCAS?
- Transcript from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Transcript(s) from undergraduate work
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably those that can speak to your clinical skills and knowledge base)
- Letter of Intent
What is the salary and benefits a PGY1 Pharmacy Resident can expect?
- Annual stipend of $51,421.00
- Full medical/dental insurance offered
- 20 days Paid Time Off (accrued)
Does Erlanger Health System provide funding for required professional meeting attendance (ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Southeastern Residency Conference)?
- Yes! Erlanger provides a travel allowance for ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and the Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC) that covers travel, hotels, and an allowance for food.
What technology is available to Pharmacy Residents?
- Residents have dedicated office space equipped with a dual screen desktop and phone. Residents are also issued laptops for use within the hospital system.
- Access to Micromedex, Up To Date
What computer system does Erlanger Health System utilize?
- Our facilities utilize EPIC.
What are the required rotations?
- Critical Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Ambulatory Care
Are there teaching opportunities for Pharmacy Residents?
- Yes! Erlanger pharmacists serve as preceptors for four colleges of pharmacy, so there are usually multiple students on rotation at Erlanger during a given month. Depending on the point in the residency year, PGY1 Residents may work alongside clinical preceptors to facilitate student learning or may serve as the primary preceptor for the student under clinical preceptor supervision.
How does the Erlanger Pharmacy Residency support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- Our program shares the hospital goals of embracing the power of diversity. Erlanger’s statement on diversity can be found here: A Message about Diversity
Are there upcoming changes to the residency program?
- Always! We take feedback from our residents very seriously and make changes to the residency structure each year based on feedback received from the previous year’s class. We are always striving to better serve our residents and their educational needs.