Radiology - Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital
Outpatient Hours: Mon-Fri: 7AM-5PM
Exams require physician’s orders
To reschedule or cancel, call 828-835-7699
We Deliver Expertise with Every Scan, Every Time
Radiologists are tasked with charting the inside of the body and giving crucial insight into the detection and diagnosis of disease.
Advanced Imaging Services
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Multislice CT
- 3D Mammography (Digital Tomosynthesis)
- Bone Densitometry
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Nuclear Medicine
The radiology wing is attached to the main hospital campus, with a separate entrance and registration area. In addition to providing outpatient exams, the department also handles orders for Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital patients and Emergency Department.
Our staff continually strives to deliver exceptional clinical standards. Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital's radiology team is currently accredited by the American College of Radiology in Digital Mammography and Ultrasound.
Our entire team of Ultrasound Technologists is registered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and all Radiological Technologists are certified through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Prepare for your visit with us
- Arrive about 15 minutes prior to your appointment to register. Proceed straight to the radiology department for registration.
- The correct clothing makes for a comfortable experience. Wear loose-fitting clothing, with no metals.
- Lighten up! Remove jewelry, change and unnecessary extras from your pockets.
- Each imaging study or exam has its own set of preparation instructions. After scheduling an appointment, discuss with your care provider how to best prepare.
Know the facts on radiation safety
Every day we are exposed to varying amounts of radiation from the world around us. The radiology department is no different.
You may or may not be exposed to a small amount of radiation during your visit. An MRI and Ultrasound, for example, is radiation-free. 3D Mammography, Diagnostic Radiography, and CT scans introduce a low dose of radiation. Thanks to our advanced equipment requiring a limited amount of radiation, the risks associated with it are small. If you have concerns or questions, talk to your care provider about radiation safety.
To request a CD copy of your images/exam, call 828-835-7540 or fax 828-835-7546. A CD copy will be made available upon request. We appreciate a 24-hour notice.
Why am I being billed by an outside office that is not Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital? Upon completion of an exam, you will be billed separately for the reading of the exam by Tennessee Interventional and Imaging Associates.