Patient and Family Advisory Council
Erlanger Baroness Hospital
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is a well-defined group of patients, families and staff members who meet every other month to ensure the patients’ experiences, points of view and recommendations for improvement are identified and action plans are implemented at the Erlanger Baroness Hospital.
- Provides an effective mechanism for receiving and responding to patients’ perspectives and points of view.
- Leads to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Patients and Families gain a better understanding of the healthcare system and become advocates for patient and family-centered healthcare in our community.
- Council members generate ideas for improvement that will benefit patients and their families.
- Council members develop close relationships with other members on the council and have opportunities to learn new skills.
How to apply
To join the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), you must complete our online application and go through an interview process. Space is limited, so it is possible that not all applicants will be able to serve on the Council, but all applications will be kept on file as future openings occur.
- PFAC/Volunteer Services Application submission
- Interview with PFAC Chair
Once approved by PFAC leadership, you will go through Volunteer Services to onboard. They will require:
- Background check
- HIPAA Acknowledgement form
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Volunteer Online Orientation
Once nominated, PFAC Advisors must commit to a minimum of one year which includes attending a dinner meeting every other month (Zoom option available).
For additional information or questions, please contact the Patient Experience office Ope@erlanger.org.
Family Advisory Council at Children's Hospital at Erlanger
Our Health System also offers a similar program serving Children's Hospital at Erlanger. Learn about our Family Advisory Council at Children's Hospital at Erlanger.