How are you managing your congestive heart failure?
GREEN - Great Control
- No shortness of breath or chest pain
- No swelling
- No weight gain
- No change in activity level
Your symptoms are under control. Continue taking meds as ordered. Continue daily weights. Follow low-salt diet.
YELLOW - CAUTION
- Weight gain of three or more pounds in two days
- Increased shortness of breath or cough
- Increase in number of pillows needed
- Increased swelling
You may need to change your medication. Call your physician.
RED - MEDICAL ALERT
- Weight gain (or loss) of more than five pounds in two days
- Need to sit in chair to sleep
- Call your physician immediately
Call Your Physician Immediately
- Shortness of breath, unrelieved, or at rest; wheezing
- Unrelieved chest pain or tightness
Call 9-1-1 Immediately