Policies and Documents - Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital
Notice of Privacy Practices
Notice of Privacy - English 2021
Notice of Privacy Practices - Spanish 2021
Facilities and Practices covered by the Notice of Privacy Practice
Authorization for Release of Medical Information
Medical Record Release
Guidelines for Email
Financial Assistance Policies
Plain Language Summary
Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital and its facilities offer financial assistance, based on the current Federal Poverty Guidelines to uninsured patients and guarantors with an outstanding balance owed for medically necessary services.
- Patients or guarantors may be determined to be Presumptively Eligible for financial assistance based on eligibility for other specific state or federal programs.
- Information about available financial assistance, including our Financial Assistance Policy and Application are included in the links below.
- Patients can obtain a copy of these documents, at no cost, by sending a request to Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital, Financial Counseling Department, 3990 E. US Hwy 64 Alt., Murphy, NC 28906-8707 or in person at Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital.
- Our Financial Counselors can be reached at 828-835-3662; 828-835-7719, Monday – Friday from 8:30AM – 5:00PM to assist you with any additional questions.
- Patients approved for financial assistance under the Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital Financial Assistance Policy will be billed no more than the amount generally billed (AGB) to Medicare and our Private Health Insurers.
Erlanger Medical Group Clinic Patients
Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital Patients
Hardship Settlement Policy
Schedule H (Form 990)
Billing and Collections Policy
Notice of Program Accessibility for Disabled Policy
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patient Rights and Responsibilities - English
Patient Rights and Responsibilities - Spanish
Your quality care and safety is important to us. If you have any unresolved complaints regarding patient care or safety issues, you may report your complaints by doing the following:
Report your complaints directly to the department director or the administrator on-call. Dial “0” on any hospital phone or call 828-837-8161 from an outside phone, and ask for the “Administrator On-call”.
You will receive a prompt response to your concern.
If your concerns cannot be resolved by Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital, you may report them to our accrediting body or the state agency listed below:
The Joint Commission One Renaissance Boulevard Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181 Toll Free: 800-994-6610 http://www.jcaho.org/
Division of Health Services Regulation 2711 Mail Services Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-2701 Toll Free: 800-624-3004