A Community Hospital that Brings World-Class Cardiovascular Care Conveniently Close to You.
Erlanger East Hospital is committed to residents living and working in the East Hamilton and Southern Bradley counties and recognizes the population growth these areas have seen in recent years. Erlanger East Hospital is easily accessible and stands ready to appropriately treat and manage heart attacks without having to travel far from home.
24/7 STEMI Receiving Facility
A STEMI (ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction) is a serious heart attack in which a major coronary artery is 100% blocked. With a STEMI, fast response is essential because life-threatening damage to the heart muscle happens within the first few hours after a vessel closes up.
The good news is that Erlanger East is a STEMI Receiving Facility. This means we are staffed and equipped 24/7 to treat and manage the most serious heart attacks through:
- Expertise, facilities, and equipment to perform non-surgical rapid heart attack coronary balloon/stent interventions to open the heart (coronary) artery
- 24/7/365 emergent percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) readiness
- Coordination with Emergency Medical Services to ensure rapid treatment of heart attack
- Continuous team review for quality improvement based on national data
- A broad range of leading-edge heart, vascular and interventional radiology care including peripheral angiography, pressure wire, and intravascular ultrasound
Learn more about our STEMI capabilities for serious heart attacks.
Know the symptoms of a heart attack
Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Lab
Erlanger East Hospital’s Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology (CVIR) Lab now offers residents in East Hamilton County and North Georgia state-of-the-art technology and procedures right in their own backyard. With the most advanced equipment and skilled clinicians patients don’t have to travel far to receive care.
The Erlanger East Hospital’s CVIR Lab gives patients a broad range of leading-edge heart, vascular and interventional radiology care close to home including:
- Left and Right Cardiac Catheterizations
- Peripheral angiography to cerebral, carotid and lower extremity.
- Pressure Wire
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Elective or low-risk coronary and peripheral interventions including ballooning, stenting, and atherectomy of plaque filled arteries.
- Paracentesis and Thoracentesis
- Port-a-cath insertion
- Other low-risk interventional radiology procedures
Echocardiology and Vascular Ultrasound Services
The echocardiology and vascular ultrasound services at Erlanger East Hospital provide a full range of adult echocardiogram and vascular ultrasounds—available on an outpatient and inpatient basis.
- Transthoracic Echo
- Limited Echo
- Echo with Bubble Study
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Venous Ultrasound—Lower & Upper Extremity
- Arterial Ultrasound—Lower & Upper Extremity
- Arterial Lower Physiologic Studies – ABIs
- Arterial Upper Physiologic Studies
- Aorta Duplex
- Mesenteric Artery Duplex
- Rental Artery Duplex