World-Class Technology … Close to Home
The Center for Breast Health is home to amazing heroes and technologies in the battle against breast cancer. Our NAPBC-accredited program not only offers the latest in Digital Mammography, it features Bone Density Testing, Genetics Counselors, and a Certified Breast Cancer Navigator to counsel and encourage a woman through every phase of diagnosis and treatment. For those that qualify, the center also features the latest in Mammography with 3D Tomosynthesis, a new technology providing higher detection rates and fewer false alarms for certain cases. And with five locations, it’s all conveniently in your neighborhood.
New Online Risk Assessment
To further aid in early detection, our Baroness and East breast imaging locations now offer a quick risk assessment to help determine if you may be at higher risk for certain types of cancers as a result of hereditary risk factors. You simply complete a brief, online questionnaire when you arrive for your mammogram. Learn more.
Hologic Genius 3D Mammography™
The Hologic 3D Mammography™ system offers you a more accurate, clinically proven breast cancer screening exam.
- Only mammography exam proven to detect 20-65% more invasive breast cancer compared to 2D mammography alone. For many, this may translate into an earlier diagnosis
- Up to 40% reduction in callbacks.
For many, this may mean being spared the emotional, practical, and economic burdens of additional diagnostic evaluations, including biopsies
- The only mammogram FDA-approved as superior for women with dense breasts.
As density increases, so does the risk of breast cancer. For women of many ages and breast densities, this means a more accurate screening option helping avoid uncertainty in the future.
- Mammography equipment has New SmartCurve™ breast stabilization system to improve patient comfort without compromising image quality, workflow or dose.
- Faster – less compression time – from about 40 seconds to less than 10 seconds
Learn more about Erlanger Breast Imaging Services and guidelines for when to have breast cancer screening.