- Gender Male
About / Overview
Dr. Thomas Ireland is excited to be joining the medical staff of Children's Hospital at Erlanger. He attended the University of Mississippi, majoring in physics. He then graduated from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. Dr. Ireland completed his pediatrics residency and pediatric neurology fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Ireland then completed a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology with a special emphasis in pediatric epilepsy at Emory University in Atlanta.
Dr. Ireland is a member of the Child Neurology Society, the American Epilepsy Society, the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, the American Academy of Neurology and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Ireland desires to live out his faith through compassion and excellence in care. He has traveled to India and the Philippines on medical mission trips with Medical Campus Outreach and Mission to the World, and he considers it a great privilege to care for children with neurological issues and their families. Dr. Ireland is happily married with three children.
Education / Credentials
- Undergraduate University of Mississippi
- MD Medical College of Georgia - Augusta
- Pediatric Residency & Pediatric Neurology Fellowship University of Alabama - Birmingham
- Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology with Pediatric Epilepsy Emphasis Emory University - Atlanta
- Pediatric Neurology and Epilepsy