University Rheumatology Associates
423-778-4396 979 East 3rd St.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Mon – Thu
8:30AM – 4:30PM
Fri, 8:30AM – Noon
What is Rheumatology?
Rheumatology is a medical subspecialty focused on the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic disease, including more than 100 types of arthritis and many autoimmune diseases.
University Rheumatology Associates specialize in treating systemic autoimmune diseases, all forms of arthritis, and other conditions of the musculoskeletal system. Led by physicians who are board-certified rheumatologists, our team offers traditional therapies for rheumatic diseases including joint and soft tissue injection as well as newer biologic therapies. As the region's only academic rheumatology providers, our specialists also teach the latest treatments while adhering to the highest standards of evidence-based research.
Among the Diseases We Treat Are:
- Ankylosing spondylitis and other spondyloarthropathies
- Behcet's disease
- Giant cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica
- Gout and pseudogout
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's)
- IgG4-related disease (systemic fibro-inflammatory condition) including retroperitoneal fibrosis
- Lupus(systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Polymyositis or dermatomyositis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Raynaud’s phenomonen
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjögren's syndrome
- Traditional therapies
- New biologic therapies
- Joint and soft tissue injections