Health & Wellness
Expectant parents will learn the stages of labor, relaxation, hospital procedures and pain management options, after birth and home care for moms and in-hospital care for newborns. There will also be time for questions and answers.
- Breastfeeding Class - Participants will learn breastfeeding, what to expect the first few weeks and special tips for success. Taught by board-certified lactation consultants. Concerns about returning to work or school will also be covered.
- Baby Care & Safety - This class provides you with helpful tips on caring for your baby at home. The class will help you plan and prepare for a safe home environment.
- Infant CPR - This class teaches you basic CPR for an infant (birth to 1 year of age). Class time includes infant safety instruction and hands-on practice of CPR and choking management technique for an infant. This is not a class designed for Healthcare certification.
Erlanger YoMingo® Childbirth Education
Erlanger offers anytime, anywhere parent education powered by YoMingo®, an education program designed to give you convenient access to valuable information. It includes the tools and support you need at every stage.
Breastfeeding Support Group - The Milk Connection
Erlanger offers a mother-to-mother lactation support group, facilitated by an IBCLC. Whether your baby is in NICU or at home, this group provides a friendly and informal atmosphere for mothers to discuss the success and struggle of providing milk for your baby. Topics facilitated by a certified lactation consultant include:
- Getting pumping or breastfeeding off to a good start
- Handling common challenges for breastfeeding success
- The emotional adjustment of having your baby in the NICU or bringing your baby home
- And much more!
Kennedy Outpatient Center
Pierce Conference Room
900 E. 3rd Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Men's Health Seminars
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) affects approximately half of all men over the age of 40. If ED is a concern for you, you are invited to attend one of our upcoming seminars. Dr. Anand Shridharani of Erlanger Urology provides information about the latest treatment options and procedures available for men. Enroll in this FREE seminar.
Erlanger East now has a certified aroma-therapist to direct and train our clinical staff on the use and of essential oils for patient care. Aromatherapy has been clinically proven to:
- Relieve hospital-related anxiety
- Promote rest
- Relieve nausea and headaches in lieu of, or in conjunction with, pharmaceutical therapy
Erlanger East Hospital offers a lot today to help our patients lead healthier lives.
- Walking path and trails
- Putting Green (Putters and balls are available at the concierge desk inside the Patient Tower Lobby)
- Children’s playground
- Dining terrace