Health & Wellness
- eLearning Childbirth Education Program - Learn about pregnancy and birth with this interactive tutorial. An easy to understand and user-friendly program, this platform has received three eHealthcare Leadership awards. Register here.
- Stork Scoop - While not a childbirth or breastfeeding class, this informal informational session gives expectant parents the basics of what to expect from their labor, delivery, and postpartum experience at Erlanger East. Learn about delivery options, how a normal newborn looks and behaves, skin-to-skin care and more. Register here or call 423-778-5465.
- Monogrammed Maternity - Monogrammed Maternity at Erlanger East Hospital provides a personalized approach to childbirth education and is tailored to each couples’ unique needs. This one-on-one session with our Prenatal Educator provides couples with the opportunity to privately discuss their personalized birth plan, begin the admission process for delivery, visit with a lactation consultant, and ask questions. This personalized session also allows the opportunity to get assistance in making those all important decisions that help make the birth experience less stressful. Sessions are routinely scheduled around 36 weeks, or sooner if you anticipate delivering at the Erlanger East Hospital as early as 34 weeks. Together you and the prenatal educator will create a tailored support plan to help you feel confident and prepared for your delivery. The cost is $40. For more details and to schedule your personalized session, call 423-778-LINK(5465).
Additional Childbirth Classes
- Baby Care
- Big Brother/Big Sister
- Childbirth Education
- Infant CPR
To register for Childbirth Classes, call 423-778-LINK(5465).
Overactive Bladder (OAB) Seminar
Erlanger East offers a free seminar “Overactive Bladder and its Treatment” each month. This seminar provides information about the latest treatment options and procedures available for men and women. For more information, call 778-4OAB (4622). To enroll in this FREE seminar, call 423-778-LINK(5465).
Men's Health Seminars
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) affects approximately half of all men over the age of 40. If ED is a concern for you, you are invited to attend one of our upcoming seminars. Dr. Anand Shridharani of Erlanger Urology provides information about the latest treatment options and procedures available for men. To enroll in this FREE seminar, call call 423-778-LINK(5465).
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups are held at Erlanger East at 6PM on the first and third Monday of every month in Classroom B.
Breastfeeding Support Group
Meet with other breastfeeding and pregnant moms on the third Tuesday of each month in Classroom B, 10AM — Noon. Topics, facilitated by a certified lactation consultant, include:
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start in the hospital
- Handling common challenges to breastfeeding success
- Incorporating dad in the care of the breastfed baby
- Tips on making those early weeks at home easier
Erlanger East now has a certified aroma-therapist to direct and train our clinical staff on the use and of essential oils for patient care. Aromatherapy has been clinically proven to:
- Relieve hospital-related anxiety
- Promote rest
- Relieve nausea and headaches in lieu of, or in conjunction with, pharmaceutical therapy
Erlanger East Hospital offers a lot today to help our patients lead healthier lives.
- Walking path and trails
- Putting Green (Putters and balls are available at the concierge desk inside the Patient Tower Lobby)
- Children’s playground
- Dining terrace