Comprehensive Surgical Care Close to Home
University Surgical Associates
979 East 3rd Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Mon – Fri
8 AM – 4:30 PM
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger is home to the region’s only pediatric surgeons — and the region’s only surgical suites designed exclusively for children. Our board-certified team uses specially-sized instruments to deliver top-level care for neonates, infants, children and adolescents. We offer minimally-invasive surgical techniques whenever possible, which can reduce discomfort and speed recovery times in young patients.
The region’s only pediatric surgeons
The region’s only pediatric surgery suites designed exclusively for children
The region’s only pediatric chest-wall reconstruction program
The region's only pediatric trauma program
Directions to Children's Hospital at Erlanger
Patient Drop-Off & Valet Parking
Patient drop-off and complimentary valet parking are available at the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger Emergency Room entrance, 910 Blackford Street. Valet parking is offered from 5 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
Complimentary parking for all Children’s Hospital at Erlanger patients is located on the Ground Floor of the main parking garage, off Blackford Street.
- From E. 3rd Street, turn onto Hampton Street. Hampton Street will merge into Blackford Street just past the Erlanger Baroness Hospital Emergency Room entrance.
- Continue past the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger Emergency Room entrance, headed towards Central Avenue.
- The dedicated parking lot entrance to the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger will be on the right.
- Please take a ticket as you enter the garage and bring it to be validated at the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger Emergency Room information desk.
Directions to Outpatient Surgery
Once parked, please take the ground floor elevator to the first floor and enter the glass sliding doors.
- Continue down the hallway until you reach the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger Emergency Room Lobby.
- Turn to your right and enter the Massoud Pediatric Building – just past the Admissions Office.
- Continue walking until you reach a set of three elevators – marked H elevators.
- Take the elevator to the second floor to the Children’s Outpatient Surgery – located directly outside the elevators.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Child Life Specialist: 423-778-2154
- Department of Surgery Main Line: 423-778-2142
- Department of Surgery Fax: 423-778-6073
- Pre-Admission Testing: 423-778-9864 or 423-778-9865
- Pre-Registration: 423-778-5241
- Surgery Pre-Op Instructions: 423-778-9865
Common Surgeries and Surgically-treated Diseases
Branchial Cysts, Sinuses and Remnants
Central Lines and Ports
Cervical Cysts, Sinuses and other Neck Lesions
Chest (Mediastinal) Cysts
Chest Wall Deformity
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
Epididymitis and Orchitis
Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula
Foreign Bodies and Bezoars
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Lung Lesions - CCAM, Pulmonary Sequestration
Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Perianal and Perirectal Abcess
Pilonidal Cyst, Sinus, and Absess
Solid Chest Tumors
Thyroglossal Duct Cysts and Sinuses
Torsion of Testicular Appendix
Umbilical Infection (omphalitis)