About Erlanger Health System
The Erlanger Health System is a multi-hospital system with five hospitals based in Chattanooga: the Baroness Hospital, Children's Hospital at Erlanger, Erlanger North Hospital, Erlanger East Hospital, and Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital, located in Pikeville, TN. Erlanger is the 7th largest public hospital in the United States and has been recognized as "Chattanooga's number one hospital" by U.S. News and World Report.
Erlanger is the tri-state region's only Level One Trauma Center, providing the highest level of trauma care for adults. Erlanger has five LIFE FORCE air ambulances in its fleet, two based in Tennessee, two in North Georgia and one in Winchester, TN. Children's Hospital at Erlanger houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, as well as a pediatric trauma team, Emergency Center, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Erlanger also serves as the region's only academic teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga Campus.
The Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center, recognized for its world-class stroke and neurosciences program, is the fourth largest interventional stroke program in the United States.
Each year, more than a quarter of a million people are treated by the team of healthcare professionals who are part of Erlanger.
Our Healthcare Mission
To deliver excellence in medical care to improve the health status of our region, while providing vital services to those in need, and training to health professionals through affiliation with academic partners.
Our Healthcare Vision
Erlanger will lead as a comprehensive provider of acute care and ambulatory health services, offering a “system of care” that delivers value in terms of quality, cost effectiveness, customer service, teaching and research—directed at improving the health of our community and region.
Our Core Values
Our values define who we are and how we act as stakeholders, individually and collectively. We live these values in all that we do. Values are inconsequential unless they drive our behavior, decisions, and priorities. Values in action create a culture, and an organization’s culture determines its success.
- Honesty - We believe in honesty and are fully transparent in all we do.
- Excellence - We distinguish ourselves by our commitment to deliver exceptional care, every time, demonstrating results in measurable ways.
- Appreciation - We recognize and value the significance of the individual, contributing to the outcomes achieved by the team.
- Respect - We recognize and advocate for the Erlanger team and for those served, embracing the power of appreciation, communicating and listening, treating each other with dignity, compassion and understanding.
- Trust - We earn the trust of others because we hold ourselves accountable and conform to professional standards of conduct.