Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
What Is a Chronic Wound?
A chronic wound does not heal in orderly stages and in a predictable amount of time the way most wounds do; wounds that do not heal within three months are often considered chronic.
975 East Third Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Enter on Hampton St. (near the Health Department) at blue awning. Free valet parking available
Wound Care: 423-778-5135
Hyperbaric Medicine: 423-778-6004
Advanced Care for Wounds that Won’t Heal
The Erlanger Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center specializes in treating wounds that have resisted healing after months or even years of conventional treatment. We are the region’s first and only wound care center with nationally certified specialists who are also available for emergency services. Our multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, and specialists is skilled in the latest treatment options, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). This sophisticated technology speeds the delivery of healing oxygen to the body’s tissues.
Types of Wounds We Treat
Arterial and venous ulcers
Compromised skin grafts
Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
Innovative Treatment Options
- Debridement, a minor procedure that removes dead tissue, preventing infection and producing a healthy base for the tissue to regenerate
- Specialized antimicrobal and compression dressings, to prevent and treat infection, decrease swelling, and promote the growth of healthy tissue
- Pressure relief, or “off-loading,” with physical aids such as custom orthopedic shoes, splints, casts, crutches, walkers, or wheelchairs
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, to speed delivery of oxygen to the body’s tissues
- Nutritional counseling, to promote healing with adequate levels of nutrients
- Antibiotic therapy and antibacterial ointments
- X-rays, blood cultures, and other laboratory and vascular studies
LEARN MORE about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)