Erlanger Sports and Health Institute
Erlanger Welcomes to Our Family
As much as by scenic mountains and rivers, our region is defined by sports. We don’t just watch the competition; we are ironmen and amateurs of all ages with an urge to pedal, run, swing, swim, kick, and shoot. The good news is that our region is also home to a comprehensive resource when injury or illness takes us out of the action. Staffed by physicians who serve the region’s top teams and who teach the latest sports medicine techniques, the Sports and Health Institute offers more to get you moving again. Our goal is to help you return to the active life or sport you enjoy as quickly as possible – with a focus on life-long fitness.
Erlanger Sports Medicine Is…
We are a unique collaboration between leading specialists in primary care, orthopaedics, neurology, cardiology, and rehabilitation—ensuring your injury gets the right kind of medical attention.
We are part of the region’s only major academic medical center, which means our sports medicine physicians teach tomorrow’s techniques, holding to the higher standards of evidence-based medicine.
We are doctors for the region’s top teams including UTC, Lee University, Covenant College, and many area high schools. Our comprehensive level of care has made Erlanger the official medical provider for high-profile athletic events including the USA National Cycling Championships and Ironman Chattanooga.
- Continued medical management of primary care needs for the whole family
- Orthopaedics – non-operative
- Non-surgical treatment approach to neck and back conditions such as osteoarthritis
- Non-surgical treatment approach to sports-related injuries and conditions such as exercise-induced asthma and hypertension
- Chronic condition management and overuse injuries
- Injury prevention program
- Healthy approach to weight loss and weight gain by a certified health coach
- Concussion management
- Physical Therapy
- Daily walk-in sports injury clinic
- Rehab services in which our providers work closely with physical therapists, occupational therapists and athletic trainers
Take a Look Inside
Official Sports Medicine providers for:
“Thank you for the amazing care to our athletes here at Lee University. Over the past five years as Head Athletic Trainer at Lee, I have been able to work with several Orthopaedic surgeons, but none have provided the quality of care that we have received from you and your staff."
“I couldn't be more pleased with the results and attention I have received with my rotator cuff surgery. I will recommend Doctor Dorizas and his wonderful staff to everyone.”