Erlanger Sports and Health Institute
The region’s only multi-specialty sports medicine program
1100 East Third Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Mon – Thu, 8AM – 5PM
Fri, 8AM – 2PM
632 Morrison Springs Rd.
Chattanooga, TN 37405
Mon – Thu, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Fri, 8AM – Noon
Saturday Sports Injury Walk-In Clinic
UT Erlanger Orthopaedics
1809 Gunbarrel Road
Chattanooga TN, 37421
Saturdays, Aug. 19 – Nov. 11
8AM – 11AM
As much as by scenic mountains and rivers, our region is defined by sports. We don’t just watch the competition; we are ironmen and amateurs of all ages with an urge to pedal, run, swing, swim, kick, and shoot. The good news is that our region is also home to a comprehensive resource when injury or illness takes us out of the action. Staffed by physicians who serve the region’s top teams and who teach the latest sports medicine techniques, the Sports and Health Institute offers more to get you moving again. Our goal is to help you return to the active life or sport you enjoy as quickly as possible – with a focus on life-long fitness.
Erlanger Sports Medicine Is…
We are a unique collaboration between leading specialists in primary care, orthopaedics, neurology, cardiology, and rehabilitation—ensuring your injury gets the right kind of medical attention.
We are part of the region’s only major academic medical center, which means our sports medicine physicians teach tomorrow’s techniques, holding to the higher standards of evidence-based medicine.
We are doctors for the region’s top teams including UTC, Lee University, Covenant College, and many area high schools. Our comprehensive level of care has made Erlanger the official medical provider for high-profile athletic events including the USA National Cycling Championships and Ironman Chattanooga.
- Continued medical management of primary care needs for the whole family
- Orthopaedics – non-operative
- Non-surgical treatment approach to neck and back conditions such as osteoarthritis
- Non-surgical treatment approach to sports-related injuries and conditions such as exercise-induced asthma and hypertension
- Chronic condition management and overuse injuries
- Injury prevention program
- Healthy approach to weight loss and weight gain by a certified health coach
- Concussion management
- Daily walk-in sports injury clinic
- Rehab services in which our providers work closely with area physical therapists, occupational therapists and athletic trainers
Specialty-trained physicians with Erlanger Sports and Health Institute serve as team physicians for:
- University of Tennessee - Chattanooga (UTC)
- Covenant College
- Lee College
- Bryan College
- 13 high schools in Chattanooga area and North Georgia community Youth Sports Leagues
Official Sports Medicine providers for:
“Thank you for the amazing care to our athletes here at Lee University. Over the past five years as Head Athletic Trainer at Lee, I have been able to work with several Orthopaedic surgeons, but none have provided the quality of care that we have received from you and your staff."
“I couldn't be more pleased with the results and attention I have received with my rotator cuff surgery. I will recommend Doctor Dorizas and his wonderful staff to everyone.”