Nurse Residency Program
Prepare for success in the fast-paced hospital environment
Apply Now for Our Summer Cohort!
We're now taking applications for our Nurse Residency Summer Cohort which starts in June 2020. Career tracks will be offered in the following specialties:
- Adult Critical Care
- Adult Acute Care
- Surgical Services
Apply online today or call 423-778-3947 to schedule an interview.
Why Choose the Erlanger Nurse Residency Program?
So many great reasons! Our ANCC-accredited program helps new graduates and RNs with less than a year of experience smoothly transition into the role of professional nurse through clinical training, classroom instruction, peer support, and mentoring. With three cohorts per year – January, June and September – we’ll help you improve your success in clinical practice, while attaining career goals.
- Adult Critical Care - Medical, Trauma, Surgical, Neurology, Cardiology, and Emergency
- Adult Acute Care Nursing - Cardiac, Oncology, Trauma, Neurology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedic, Renal
- Surgical Services - Perioperative Nursing
- Pediatrics - Emergency, Neonatal Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, Surgery, and Acute Care
- Advanced clinical classes that include Erlanger Critical Care, Acute Care, AORN Periop 101, and Pediatrics.
- Clinical rotations in a variety of units before committing to a home department
- The opportunity to meet with hospital experts to learn about topics related to patient outcomes, leadership, and professional development at Erlanger
- Monthly seminars for your first year of employment
- Erlanger is an Accredited Practice Transition Program with Distinction from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn More
Upcoming Cohorts & When to Apply
|For Cohorts Starting…
||Application & Interview Window…
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions
Pediatric Nurse Residency Match Day - Winter 2020
Cohort and Fall Match Day - Summer 2019