Nurse Residency Program
Prepare for success in the fast-paced hospital environment
Why Choose the Erlanger Nurse Residency Program?
So many great reasons! Our ANCC-accredited program helps new graduates and RNs with less than a year of experience smoothly transition into the role of professional nurse through clinical training, classroom instruction, peer support, and mentoring. With three cohorts per year – January, June and September – we’ll help you improve your success in clinical practice, while attaining career goals.
- Adult Critical Care – Medical, Trauma, Surgical, Neurology, Cardiology, and Emergency
- Adult Acute Care/Med Surg – Cardiac, Oncology, Trauma, Neurology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedic, Renal
- Adult Intermediate Care – Cardiac Step Down Unit, Trauma Step Down Unit, eSTAR Surgical Unit
- Women’s Services – Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby
- Surgical Services – Perioperative Nursing
- Pediatrics – Surgery, and Acute Care (January, June, and August only)
- LPN Track – Adult Acute Care/Med Surg
- Advanced clinical classes include Erlanger Critical Care, Acute Care, AORN Periop 101, and Pediatrics.
- Clinical rotations in a variety of units in career track before committing to a home department.
- The opportunity to meet with hospital experts to learn about topics related to patient outcomes, leadership, and professional development at Erlanger
- Monthly seminars for your first year of employment
- Erlanger is an Accredited Practice Transition Program with Distinction from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn More
Upcoming Cohorts & When to Apply
|For Cohorts Starting…
||Application & Interview Window…
||January - April
||June - July
|| September - November
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions
News and Announcements
Pediatric Nurse Residency Match Day - Summer 2022
Adult Nurse Residency Match Day - Summer 2022