Erlanger Clinical Placement
Students of today are colleagues of tomorrow.
Erlanger Health System recognizes that the clinical experience is often the catalyst for merging theory and practice so that both have meaning and application for patient care. Erlanger provides unique and valuable learning experiences as well as numerous career pathways. As a teaching hospital our goal is to prepare students for a rewarding career by demonstrating high-quality practice. Our Clinical Placement Coordinators are committed to collaborating with educational institutions in order to provide an environment of learning experiences.
Clinical Placement Options
Clinical Placement/Facility Expectation and Guidelines
- All clinical placements will follow ACE guidelines. It is the educational institution's responsibility to ensure instructors and students know the facility expectations and guidelines
- All programs seeking placement must have completed an Affiliation Agreement. Send request to Clinical@erlanger.org
- Faculty of the school, college, university, or institution is responsible for maintaining current student files with Hospital Orientation Checklist documentation.
- Hospital Orientation Checklist must be submitted to the clinical site coordinator each semester before students may enter the facility. Checklist may be downloaded from TCPS Orientation website.
- All placement request must be made through Tennessee Clinical Placement System or Clinical Placement Coordinator. Do not make requests to department managers or staff.
- All clinical instructors and students must complete hospital orientation through TCPS.
- 12hr clinical days are expected to provide opportunities to other programs seeking clinical.
- Faculty/Instructors must come orient to the units they are assigned to at least a week prior to first clinical each semester/term.
- Clinical instructors and students who are also employees of Erlanger Health System should act within the parameters of their role.
- Erlanger is smoke-free
- Badges must be worn at all times-above the waist
- No personal belongings are permitted to be brought on site: book bags, laptops, purses etc.
- Students must not work the shift before clinical- 8hrs minimum between work and clinical.
- Unit breakroom areas, conference rooms, lounges or physician dictation areas must not be used.
- Students should use the following designated dining areas for breaks, lunches and Post Conference.
Designated Dining Areas
Erlanger Main Campus
- Erlanger Bistro (cafeteria)
- Atrium (located behind Erlanger Bistro)
- Medical Mall Dining area across from CVS
- Cafeteria (Building A) closes at 7pm
- Conference Room (Building A, located behind guest elevator close to cafeteria)
Erlanger North Cafeteria
- Conference Room (located in Café) to reserve contact Corrina Lane with date, time and number of people.
Required COVID Questionnaire
COVID Questionnaire must be completed by all students and faculty each shift prior to entering Erlanger clinical departments. Use THIS LINK or the QR code to the right.
Erlanger will contact the school regarding any potential exposure in the clinical setting due to a newly diagnosed patient. The school will conduct contact tracing and direct students regarding required testing and quarantine per school policy and CDC guidelines. Students should report any community exposures to the school and quarantine per school policy and CDC guidelines.
State-of-the-Art Nursing Simulation Lab Coming Soon
We're pleased to announce the addition of a state-of-the-art Simulation Lab in early 2022. Our new lab will offer an experience that’s as close as you can get to working with real patients. It reflects Erlanger’s commitment as a teaching hospital, offering the latest technology for development and continuing education.
Send Us Your Feedback
Continuous improvement is our goal - and feedback is a great way for both learners and teachers to develop. If you are a clinical instructor or student, please take time to rate your clinical experience at Erlanger.