UT Erlanger Neurology
The Region’s Only Academic Neurosciences Center
UT Erlanger Neurology
979 East 3rd St.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Erlanger’s neurology specialists treat patients with a variety of neurological disorders ranging from common to complex. As the region’s only certified academic Neurosciences Center, we provide a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to care, giving our patients access to more specialty and subspecialty services than any area health system. Our neurology specialists use the latest advancements in imaging technology to accurately diagnose and develop individualized treatment plans providing the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Next Generation Techniques … Today
The region’s only certified comprehensive stroke center – the sixth busiest in the nation – attracting specialists from across the world to learn next generation techniques
- Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers
- Our team includes fellowship-trained physicians specializing in neuromuscular disorders
- The region’s only epilepsy monitoring unit
- General Neurology: Common neurological disorders including headaches, seizures, tremor, stroke and TIA, neuropathy, and multiple sclerosis. Specialized therapies include vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for refractory epilepsy patients and Botox® treatment for adults with chronic migraine.
- Movement Disorders: Parkinson’s, Angelman Syndrome, Chorea, Myoclonus, neuroacanthocytosis, Paroxymal Dyskinesias, Tardive Dyskinesia, Tics, Ataxia, Tourette Syndrome
- Neuromuscular Medicine: Peripheral nerve disorders, electromyogram and nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, spinal muscular atrophy, myotonia congenital, muscular dystrophy, mitochondrial myopathy
- Neuropsychology: Cerebral dysfunction from physical cause including mood, behavior, memory, cognition or judgment disorders
- Stroke: comprehensive treatment for ischemic stroke, Intracerebral Hemorrhage, Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Epilepsy: Treating seizures and seizure-like conditions using MRI, CT scan, PET scan, EEG and inpatient monitoring unit