Women’s Cancer Services / Oncology
From the region’s only board-certified genetics counselors to 3-D Tomosynthesis mammography, UT Erlanger offers more specialized ways to diagnose and treat women’s cancers. Our patients benefit from an interdisciplinary approach to care in which multiple physicians – gynecologic oncologists, pathologists, medical and surgical oncologists, radiologists and radiation oncologists – collaborate in devising the optimal treatment plan. And as the region’s only academic comprehensive cancer center, we have access to clinical trials for the most advanced treatment options.
Center for Breast Health at Erlanger East
Our Center for Breast Health is accredited by the by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This means we take a multi-disciplinary, team approach to provide the best possible care and treatment options for you. Our center stands apart with the latest treatment and imaging technologies including 3-D Tomosynthesis mammography, ultrasound, and bone density scans. And we are there for you each step of the way with Breast Cancer Navigators, trained oncology nurses, who provide guidance and emotional support through treatment. Our breast care services include:
- Breast biopsy, MRI scan, and ultrasound
- Genetic testing and counseling for women with a family or personal history of breast cancer
- Mastectomy and breast reconstruction
- Diagnosis and treatment of noncancerous conditions of the breast, including benign breast lumps and lymphedema
Gynecologic Cancer Services
Erlanger offers the widest range of treatments for cervical cancer, including the region’s only low and high-dose brachytherapy, which often has fewer side effects and shorter treatment time than external-beam radiation. Our team of specialists, which includes gynecologic oncologists, provides the region’s most advanced genomic testing, or molecular profiling, for each patient’s specific cancer or tumor. Learn More.
- Diagnosis and treatment of cervical, endometrial, uterine, vaginal and vulvar cancers
- Diagnosis and treatment of abdominal/pelvic/ovarian masses and fibroid uterus
- Evaluation of pelvic mass
- Removal of an ovary
- Pelvic and peri-aortic lymph node dissection
Leading Edge Radiation Oncology
Erlanger offers a range of radiation oncology treatment options that can target abnormal areas without damaging nearby healthy tissue. These cutting-edge technologies include Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) with Ultrasound Guidance, High Dose Rate Remote Afterloader (HDR). Learn More.