What is Nurse-Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is a free program for women who are pregnant with their first baby. When you enroll you will be connected to a registered nurse who will provide the support, advice and information you need to have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and be a great mom.
Introducing Erlanger’s Nurse-Family Partnership Team, from the left: Holley Rudolph, BSN, RNC, IBCLC (Nurse Home Visitor); Jillian Hayes, BSN, RN (Nurse Home Visitor); Glenda Parks MSN IBCLC (Program Administrator), Elizabeth “Betsy” Morton, MSN, CLC, CNM (Nurse Supervisor); Ashley Martinez, BSN, RN, CCM (Nurse Home Visitor); Ana Wilkens, BSN, RN (Nurse Home Visitor); and Tiare VanArsdale, (Data Coordinator).
Your nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become the best mom you can be.
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in your community.
- Continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future.
Who can enroll in Nurse-Family Partnership?
- Anyone pregnant with her first child and is currently 28 weeks or less.
- Meets income requirements.
- Lives in an area where Nurse-Family Partnership is available.
Can my baby’s father participate?
- The father, family members and friends are welcome to participate in the program, but as the mom, you are the main focus!
- Learn about our local organization and get connected with your free personal nurse, call 423-680-8911
- Learn about our national parent organization, see patient stories and more, go to NFPmoms.org
This program is offered through Erlanger and the Tennessee Department of Human Services.