Erlanger Baroness Hospital (Downtown)
Erlanger Baroness Hospital (Downtown) provides the region’s most advanced care for high-risk babies and moms. Spacious labor and delivery rooms are equipped to deliver babies of every gestational age, while the region’s only high-risk perinatal unit provides specialized rooms in which mothers can stay and receive care weeks before delivery. It features:
- The region’s only obstetrics emergency department
- The region’s highest level of neonatal intensive care at Children’s Hospital at Erlanger
- The region’s leading maternal fetal medicine specialists, who work with in-house neonatologists to further promote healthy deliveries for high risk babies and their mothers.
Erlanger East Hospital
Erlanger East Hospital features 25 large maternity units, providing a comfortable, home-like birthing environment. This facility also offers a newly expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for premature and at-risk babies. All this, plus a convenient suburban location, explains why Erlanger East is perennially ranked #1 in a poll of best places to have a baby.
- Family-centered care in beautiful maternity suites
- Level II NICU for newborns with intermediate level medical problems
- Scheduled and non-scheduled cesarean sections performed
- State-of-the-art surgical rooms for C-sections or gynecological surgeries