Tai Chi for Beginners
Erlanger Trauma Services and UT Extension are offering free Tai Chi starter classes. Learn warm-up, cool-down, and movements to assist with arthritis, concentration, balance, and stress. Movements can be completed seated or standing. Classes are for adults of all fitness levels!
Tai Chi for Diabetes
- TN Riverwalk Marsh North Entrance - Apr. 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26; May 1, 3 from 6-7PM
- Avondale Community Center - Apr. 18, 20, 25, 27; May 2, 4, 9, 11 from 10:30-11:30AM
- Riverview Park Pavilion (AM) - May 24, 26, 31; June 2, 7, 9, 14, 16 from 10:30-11:30AM
- Hixson Community Center - July 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, August 2 from 1-2PM
Tai Chi for Arthritis
- Riverview Park Pavilion (PM) - May 22, 24, 31; June 5, 7, 12, 14, 19 from 6-7PM
- Hixson Community Center - May 31; June 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 from 1-2PM
Register soon. Space is limited.
Questions? Contact Regena Young, BSN, RN Trauma Outreach & Injury Prevention Coordinator via email at email@example.com or by phone at 423-778-5620.
Matter of Balance (MOB) Coaches Training Session
Join us for this free training session to become Matter of Balance Coach. You'll learn to lead this evidence-based program to help older adults and individuals with disabilities overcome their fear of falling, learn strengthening exercises and identify interventions to help reduce the risk of suffering a fall. Anyone can become a MOB Coach! You do not have to be medical/nursing personnel. MOB Coaches are asked to help teach a MOB Course once a year to maintain their Coaches status and meet the community need. Erlanger will provide scheduling and content support.
Please contact Regena Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 423-778-5620 if your agency is interested in hosting an MOB training session.