Treatments for Brain Disorders
UT Erlanger Neurosurgeons treat a coverage area of four states with referrals from hundreds of miles. This expansive referral area ensures a large patient volume and state of the art surgical equipment. Comprehensive chemotherapy and radiation options are available at Erlanger’s Academic Medical Center. Our highly experienced physicians offer a multidisciplinary evaluation for treatment as well as consideration of current experimental clinical trials. Learn more about Erlanger's multi-disciplinary approach to treating tumors of the brain and spine.
With an extensive background in vascular disorders of the brain, our clinic has treated over 1000 aneurysms and vascular disorders of the brain in the past several years. Advanced treatment options include minimally invasive craniotomy as well as endovascular treatment of aneurysms and other vascular disorders.
UT Erlanger Neurosurgery offers minimally-invasive delivery of radiation therapy to treat brain tumors and blood vessel malformations of the brain. This focused radiation offers safer and more delicate treatment of lesions near the brainstem and other intricate areas of the brain. UTEN is also able to perform stereotactic biopsy of lesions through smaller incisions with quicker healing times.
Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Minimally invasive treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve entrapment, and other disorders of the peripheral nerves.
- Endoscopic and microscopic treatment options available
We offer comprehensive treatment of developmental disorders at the Boehm Birth Defects center, operated in conjunction with Children's Hospital at Erlanger.
- Pediatric Brain and Spinal tumors
- Hydrocephalus treated with VP shunting or endoscopic third ventriculostomy
- Spina Bifida / Chiari disorder treatment
- Tethered spinal cord decompression
- Craniosynostosis: surgical correction of skull defects
Other Neurosurgical Brain Treatments/Services We Offer:
- 5th Nerve Compression
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Arnold Chiari Malformation
- Arterial Venous Malformation (AVM), Brain Tumor
- Intracranial Hemorrhage (ICH)
- Ommaya Reservoir Insertion/Removal
- Pituitary Tumor
- Shunt Problems
- Skull Deformities
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH)
- Subdural Hematoma (SDH)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)