Erlanger Cancer Institute & Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Nationally leading cancer care now in Chattanooga
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) now provides medical direction and board-certified hematologists and oncologists at Erlanger as part of the nationally leading NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of only 51 in the nation and the only designated center in Tennessee.
- Expert coordinated care with cases represented at specialty tumor boards
- Comprehensive and coordinated treatment planning with Erlanger Cancer Institute’s team of surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists and other specialists
- Improved access to the second opinion program from VICC subspecialists in specific types of cancers by telehealth, representation at molecular tumor boards, clinical trial access, stem cell transplantation and other specialty procedures not currently available in the Chattanooga area.
More Ways to Beat Cancer
- Medical genetics – Erlanger offers the specialized expertise to help identify genetic predisposition in cancer patients and help tailor interventions and treatments accordingly. LEARN MORE
- Advanced genomic testing – Erlanger pathologists provide the region’s most advanced genomic testing, or molecular profiling, for each patient’s specific cancer or tumor. This lets our medical oncologists create targeted, patient-specific therapies. LEARN MORE
- Minimally-invasive robotic surgery – Erlanger’s da Vinci “S” surgical system keeps incisions very small - while dramatically reducing hospitalization and recovery times.
Learn more about the many innovative cancer treatment technologies offered at Erlanger
Cutting Edge Treatments
- Cervical Cancer – Erlanger offers the widest range of treatments for cervical cancer, including the region’s only low and high-dose brachytherapy.
- Liver and Colon Cancers – We’re the region’s only provider to offer yttrium-90 (Y-90) for the treatment of liver cancer and metastatic colon cancer.
- Lung Cancer – Erlanger is a national leader in treating lung cancer with CyberKnife and among the first to offer lung optimized treatment, which tracks tumors without implanting markers
Cancer Services and Patient Resources