As part of Erlanger's core mission to compassionately care for people, we offer a range of resources to support patients, family members, and caregivers in all parts of the cancer journey.
Download Cancer Support Services Flier
Oncology Nurse Navigators
Erlanger’s Oncology Nurse Navigators are here to guide and support our patients through cancer treatment. Viewing the healthcare system from the patient’s perspective, this integral member of our oncology care team:
- Understands all aspects of cancer care and the cancer care system
- Provides information about specific treatment(s); as well as, experiences that can be expected through the cancer journey
- Can direct patients and family to community resources that provide support during treatment and recovery
- Communicates with the entire healthcare team, collaborating on behalf of the patient to facilitate seamless, quality care
Alison Moore, RN, BSN, OCN -
Cervical, Ovarian, Endometrial, Vulvar, Vaginal Cancers
Julie Mattison, MSN, BSN, LNC - Esophageal, Stomach, Gall Bladder, Liver, Pancreas, Small Intestine, Colon and Rectal Cancers
Erlanger’s oncology dietitian helps cancer patients and their caregivers develop a plan for healthy eating. By achieving good overall health, proper nutrition can help:
- Reduce cancer risk
- Help address nutritional difficulties experienced during the course of treatment
- Help patients stay healthy during treatment
- Minimize side effects and illness.
Erlanger’s oncology social workers are licensed professionals who counsel patients and family members impacted by cancer. Our social workers can:
- Provide emotional support through individual counseling
- Help patients find resources and financial assistance
- Offer assistance finding home care or transportation services
- Give guidance in applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Help patients better understand their diagnosis and treatment options
- Put patients in touch with local resources that offer support
Meet Your Oncology Social Worker (PDF)
Spiritual Guidance and Chaplaincy Services
Erlanger offers pastoral care services to address spiritual and emotional needs, regardless of religious tradition. This service is offered to all patients, family members, friends, and hospital visitors.
- Cancer support services
- Bereavement services
Erlanger Pastoral Care
Spiritual Care for the Cancer Journey (PDF)
Cancer Registry Team
Erlanger’s Cancer Registry team works to create an accurate database of cancer cases in our region. Physicians and researchers – local, regional, and international – use this database to:
- Evaluate patient outcomes and treatments
- Provide follow-up information
- Calculate survival rates
- Analyze referral patterns
- Allocate state and regional resources
- Report cancer incidence
- Evaluate treatment modalities
Katie Brown, RHIT, CTR
Tiffany Whitt, RHIT, CTR
Lacey Winn, CMA
Cancer Support Groups
Cancer Support Group – Baroness Campus
Meets every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Please call 423-778-7177 for questions and meeting place.
Breast Cancer Support Group – Erlanger East, Building C
Meets the 1st Wednesday of the month at 4:30 p.m. on the first floor, Building C. Please call 423-778-6357 for more information.
Patient Night Out – Erlanger East, Building C
Meets monthly at 4:30 p.m. on the first floor, Building C. Please call 423-778-6357 for more information.
An American Cancer Society program for prostate cancer patients and their loved ones, providing information, discussion and support.
Call 423-778-5708 for more information.
Lost Chord Club
Support and education for patients affected by laryngeal cancer.
Call 423-778-6846 for more information.
Look Good, Feel Better with the American Cancer Society 800-227-2345.
American Cancer Society
24-hour support and patient information
Look Good Feel Better
LookGoodFeelBetter.org is a service provided by the American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute’s Information Service
Cancer Support Community
24-hour online/telephone support
U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
CancerCare (Smoking Cessation Services)
Mental Health Crisis Hotlines (24/7)
423-634-8995 or 423-499-2300