The Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center
The Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center is one of the largest stroke centers in the nation, and it is also one of the most accomplished.
As a Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) as certified by the DNV GL Healthcare USA, the Erlanger Regional Stroke Center is able to significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients by offering more treatment options and by adhering to high national standards and guidelines.
Our outcomes also reflect leadership and clinical innovation that’s getting global attention. At the 2015 International Stroke Conference, the Southeast Regional Stroke Center was recognized for leading worldwide clinical research that proved interventional stroke care – the type of care provided exclusively in this region by Erlanger – is definitively the new standard of care for stroke. Of all participating hospitals in the worldwide clinical trial, Erlanger achieved the best overall outcomes and the fastest treatment times.
As a patient, you benefit from:
- 24/7 rapid-response stroke team
- 24/7 neuro imaging services
- Region's only Neuro Intensive Care Unit
- Neuro-interventional radiologists
- Dedicated Stroke Center Medical Director & Coordinator
- The latest clinical research stroke trials
A Comprehensive Stroke Center
Erlanger is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) by DNV GL Healthcare USA, Inc. This means we are equipped with the personnel, infrastructure, and expertise to diagnose and treat stroke patients who require intensive medical and surgical care, specialized tests, or interventional therapies. A CSC delivers the highest quality of care to the most complex cases offering evidence based treatments with cutting edge research protocols.
Our Greatest Reward Is Caring for Our Patients
Erlanger is dedicated to improving the quality of stroke care and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines program helps us achieve that goal.
- Hospitals receiving Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award have reached an aggressive goal of treating stroke patients with 85 percent or higher compliance to core standard levels of care as outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for 24 consecutive months. In addition, those hospitals have demonstrated 75 percent compliance to seven out of ten stroke quality measures during the 12-month period.
- Hospitals achieving Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy ≤ 60 minutes in 75 percent or more of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA AND door-to-needle time Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy within 45 minutes in 50 percent of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
Erlanger Hypertension Management Center
With the help of LifeForce air ambulance the Southeast Regional Stroke Center serves patients in a 5,500-mile area.