What is Primary Care and Family Medicine?
A primary care practice serves as your first point of entry into the health care system and as the continuing focal point for all future health care services. Family medical practices serve patients of all ages and through all of life’s stages.
Erlanger’s Approach to Primary Care and Family Medicine
With convenient locations throughout our region, Erlanger primary care and family medicine specialists provide integrated, accessible health care services focused on health promotion, disease prevention and sports medicine. Practicing in the context of family and community, our specialists can address most health care needs including diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. Or, if needed, we provide referrals to trusted specialists. Built around a lasting partnership, our mission is to help you and your family stay healthy.
- Comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses and medical conditions
- Physical examinations
- Patient education on wellness, prevention, treatment options and medications
- Vaccinations for children (VFC)
- Medical and screening tests
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Referral to specialists as needed
- Sports medicine
- Respiratory treatments
- Minor procedures
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
Why Choose UT Erlanger?
- The region’s only academic primary care – Erlanger primary care practices are affiliated with UT College of Medicine putting our patients in touch with emerging clinical trials and physicians who teach the latest treatments in family medicine.
- A broader range of services including sports medicine – Our sports medicine specialists help our regions sports-loving families stay active and injury-free.
- Convenient locations near you – Erlanger has 14 primary care locations throughout the greater Chattanooga area, bringing comprehensive, academic family medicine to your neighborhood.
Our Primary Care and Family Medicine Practices