Health & Wellness
- eLearning Childbirth Education Program - Learn about pregnancy and birth with this interactive tutorial. An easy to understand and user-friendly program, this platform has received three eHealthcare Leadership awards. Register here.
- Stork Scoop - While not a childbirth or breastfeeding class, this informal informational session gives expectant parents the basics of what to expect from their labor, delivery, and postpartum experience at Erlanger East. Learn about delivery options, how a normal newborn looks and behaves, skin-to-skin care and more. Register here or call 423-778-5465.
Overactive Bladder (OAB) Seminar
Erlanger East offers a free seminar “Overactive Bladder and its Treatment” each month. Dr. Colin Goudelocke of Academic Urologists at Erlanger, provides information about the latest treatment options and procedures available for men and women. For more information, call 778-4OAB (4622). To enroll in this FREE seminar, call 778-LINK (5465).
Free Bariatric Weight-Loss Seminar
Dr. Chris Sanborn of the Erlanger Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Center hosts a free informational seminar each month at Erlanger East. For more information or to enroll in this FREE seminar, call 423-778-2906, or sign-up online.
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups are held at Erlanger East at 6PM on the first and third Monday of every month in Classroom B.
Breastfeeding Support Group
Meet with other breastfeeding and pregnant moms on the third Tuesday of each month in Classroom B, 10AM — Noon. Topics, facilitated by a certified lactation consultant, include:
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start in the hospital
- Handling common challenges to breastfeeding success
- Incorporating dad in the care of the breastfed baby
- Tips on making those early weeks at home easier
Erlanger East now has a certified aroma-therapist to direct and train our clinical staff on the use and of essential oils for patient care. Aromatherapy has been clinically proven to:
- Relieve hospital-related anxiety
- Promote rest
- Relieve nausea and headaches in lieu of, or in conjunction with, pharmaceutical therapy
The Best in Wellness Is Yet to Come…
Erlanger East offers a lot today to help our patients lead healthier lives. But the best is yet to come. Work is underway for a $50-million makeover which will transform our current facility into the region’s first lifestyle hospital. The new Erlanger East will include:
- Demonstration kitchen where area chefs will teach classes on healthy eating and cooking
- Walking path and trails
- Bicycle-friendly infrastructure
- Recreational amenities including courts for volleyball, bocce ball, basketball, and a putting green
- Dining terrace and edible gardens
See How Erlanger East is Growing
Sign-up for Erlanger East seminars by calling 423-778-LINK(5465).