Center for Breast Health
World-Class Technology … Close to Home
Center for Breast Health
1751 Gunbarrel Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Call 423-778-PINK (7465)
to schedule your mammogram
The Center for Breast Health at Erlanger East is home to amazing heroes and technologies in the battle against breast cancer. The center not only offers the latest in digital mammography, it features bone density testing, the region’s only board-certified genetics counselors, and a full-time certified breast cancer navigator to counsel and encourage a woman through every phase of diagnosis and treatment. For those that qualify, the center also features the latest in 3D Tomosynthesis Mammography, a new technology providing higher detection rates and fewer false alarms for certain cases. And it’s all conveniently in your neighborhood.
- Digital mammography
- Dedicated breast Radiologist
- 3-D Tomosynthesis mammography
- Bone density testing
- Breast cancer navigator
- A breast radiologist is onsite full-time for fast, accurate testing
- The region’s only cancer program with Board-Certified Genetics Counselors.
3-D Tomosynthesis Mammography
This new technology allows our radiologists to see the breast tissue from many different angles and between layers of breast tissue. It may be used for a screening tool in conjunction with a traditional digital mammogram, or it may be used by itself for a diagnostic mammogram. Benefits include:
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden during digital mammography
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape and location of abnormalities
- Fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors, which occur in 15% of breast cancer patients
- Clearer images of dense breast tissue
Infusion Center Makes Treatments a Little Easier
Erlanger East features a new, state-of-the-art Infusion Center which allows our oncology patients to receive chemotherapy in a comfortable, convenient outpatient setting. LEARN MORE
Exclusive parking for easy & quick access into the breast center
5-Day Partial Breast Radiation Therapy
Partial breast radiation therapy is the latest advancement in the delivery of radiation treatment for women with early-stage breast cancer.
This approach, also known as breast brachytherapy or SAVI 5-day radiation therapy, uses radiation to treat the lumpectomy cavity and the surrounding tissue from within the breast. It allows your radiation oncologist to precisely deliver radiation where it is needed most, and often allows you to complete treatments in as little as five days.
If you have been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer, you might be eligible for this unique 5-day therapy. LEARN MORE