Know the Warning Signs of Stroke
If you or a loved one experience any of these symptoms, seek help immediately at Erlanger, the region's only accredited PRimary Stroke Center.
- Weakness, numbness or tingling in face, arm and/or leg (especially on one side of the body),
- Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- Blurred vision (especially in one eye), loss of vision or double vision
- Dizziness, lack of coordination
- Sudden, severe or explosive headache
If you suspect someone is having a stroke
Quick action is key, act FAST:
F = FACE
Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
A = ARMS
Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
S = SPEECH
Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence. Are the words slurred? Can the person repeat the sentence correctly?
T = TIME
If the person shows any of these symptoms, time is critical. Call 9-1-1 and get to the nearest stroke center. Brain cells are dying.