Children's Hospital at Erlanger ER
View Larger Map
Located at the main entrance to Children's Hospital.
Enter your address
(example: 555 Main St, Chattanooga, TN)
The Pediatric Trauma Team, Emergency Department, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit provide immediate, 24-hour-a-day care for critically ill or injured children. Erlanger LifeForce Air Ambulance and the Neonatal/Pediatric Ground Transport make the services of Children's Hospital quickly accessible to pediatric patients throughout our region. No other facility in our region offers these services.
Why you should choose Children’s Hospital at Erlanger (CHE) for your child’s emergency:
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region
- One of 4 CRPC in state, and only one in this region
- Staffed 24/7 by board certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians
- Nurses certified in pediatric emergency training
- Child Life specialists* who help make the experience less stressful/scary
- Team dedicated to providing the highest quality care in a child-friendly manner
- Recently renovated space with state of the art equipment specifically designed for children of all ages and sizes
- Quickly seen by a provider – average less then 20 minutes from entering
- Immediate access to multiple pediatric sub-specialists
- Be taken care of by people who have chosen to treat kids.
*What is a Child Life Specialist?
The Emergency Room can be a scary place for kids full of unusual sights, sounds, and procedures. Child Life Specialists can help reduce anxiety and promote coping during hospitalization. These trained professionals use their expertise in child development to help calm fears through preparing children for procedures and providing activities to help make the hospital a fun place to be.