Erlanger Health System offers comprehensive Orthopedic and Sports Medicine services for patients experiencing a wide range of joint issues due to trauma or degenerative bone and joint disorders.
From digital imaging to surgical support programs, Erlanger provides expert diagnostic and surgical care for patients of all ages. Due to the fact that Erlanger is Southeast Tennessee’s only teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and a Level One Trauma Center, patients have access to the latest orthopedic technologies and clinical trials.
Erlanger Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Services
Partial and Total Joint Replacements for knees, hips, shoulders, wrists, elbows and ankles. For patients undergoing replacement procedures, Erlanger provides inpatient care with round-the-clock, patient-centered care. Erlanger orthopedic services provides comprehensive treatment for patients with progressive or permanent joint
damage as a result of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, trauma, or other joint disorders.
Arthroscopy, a minimally-invasive procedure for repairing or reconstructing soft tissue injuries, including ligament, tendon, and cartilage damage. New arthroscopic techniques can eliminate the need for a traditional “open” incision when repairing shoulder rotator cuff/labral and ACL tears, remove scar tissue or bone spurs, and collect joint tissue or fluid for biopsy. Compared to a traditional “open” surgery, arthroscopic procedures are generally less painful, allow for a quicker recovery and can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Fracture stabilization and treatment through casting and surgery. Many stable fractures can be treated with a splint or cast, while more complex fractures often require surgery. A team of experts will assess each fracture on an individual basis and determine the best course treatment for the patient.
Two Convenient Locations
Erlanger Baroness Campus: 975 East Third Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403
- The area’s only Level One Trauma Center, serving patients from Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina with life-threatening injuries.
- Children’s Hospital at Erlanger, the region’s only full-service pediatric hospital.
- Featuring the latest surgical options with a focus on in-patient procedures, including an entire floor dedicated to orthopedic services.
- The area’s only teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga.
Erlanger East: 1755 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421
- Digital Surgical Center, featuring four high-definition surgical suites, offering more minimally invasive surgical options.
- Outpatient surgical focus, which allows patients to return to an active lifestyle, more quickly and typically with less pain.
- Multi-faceted medical campus including an Urgent Care Center, family medicine, Women’s Services obstetrics wing – all in one convenient location, minutes from Hamilton Place Mall.
For more information on our programs or services please call (423) 778-LINK (5465).