SPINE/SURGICAL SERVICE HOME | DOCTORS | SPINE DEPARTMENT | BRAIN DEPARTMENT | SURGERY DEPARTMENT
Phil Megison, MD
Education and Training
Dr. Phil Megison was born in New Orleans, Louisana. He graduated from First Baptist High School in Shreveport, Louisana in 1975. He attended Louisiana State University for his undergraduate studies, obtaining a B.S. in Microbiology in 1979. During his time at LSU he was a member of the honor society and Sigma Chi fraternity. He remained at LSU for his medical school training and was awarded his MD in 1983. He performed his surgical internship at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport in 1985. He was accepted into the University of Texas Southwestern Neurosurgical Residency program at Parkland hospital, where he completed his formal neurosurgical residency training in 1989. During his residency he traveled abroad to Australia for a vascular and oncology fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Dr. Megison arrived in Chattanooga in 1990 and has been associated with Chattanooga Neurosurgery & Spine since that time. He holds a teaching appointment with the UTC Department of Surgery. He has engaged in medical mission work in St. Petersburg, Russia. He has served on the board of directors of the Signal Crest Free Medical Clinic.
- VASCULAR NEUROSURGERY INCLUDING SURGICAL TREATMENT OF ANEURYSMS AND AVMS
- MINIMALLY INVASIVE TREATMENT OF SPINAL DISORDERS
- COMPLEX CERVICAL SPINE SURGERY
- ADULT BRAIN SURGERY
- PITUITARY ADENOMA
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND ULNAR NERVE SURGERY
- STEREOTACTIC RADIOSURGERY
- GAMMA KNIFE
- TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA
- AMERICAN BOARD OF NEURLOGICAL SURGEONS, BOARD CERTIFIED
- CONGRESS OF NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS
- THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS
- JOINT SECTION ON CEREBROVASCULAR SURGERY
- TENNESSEE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- HAMILTON COUNTY (CHATTANOOGA) MEDICAL SOCIETY
Dr. Megison and his wife Shan have 3 children. His social interests include SEC football and golf.