e-KIDS Learning Center offers the opportunity for each child to develop physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively according to his/her individual learning style. Each child is considered unique in temperament and rate of development. e-KIDS Learning Center recognizes that healthcare families have unique needs. The Center meets these needs by offering flexible hours and programs, while working with families to find solutions.
- Infant, toddler and preschool childcare for children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age
- “Kid’s Camp”- Holiday and vacation services for school children from 5 years to 12 years of age
- Flexible hours
- High standards of safety and security
- Closed circuit television monitoring system
- Open door policy for parents
- Breastfeeding mothers welcome
- Full on-site kitchen and cook
- Age-appropriate curriculum
- Five separate age-appropriate playground spaces
- School age out of school programs (“Kid’s Camp”)
- “Boo Boo Bear” room for transitioning sick children to home
- Gymnastics (additional fee)
- Music Program
- Foreign Language Program
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon snack prepared daily
A child or legal dependent is eligible for services if their parents work for:
- Erlanger Health System
- Physician practices and resident programs that maintain their offices on the Erlanger Campus
- ContinuCare HealthServices
- Erlanger Pharmacy
- Ronald McDonald House
All staff hired by e-KIDS Learning Center are selected with the greatest of care. In some areas, our process is more stringent than those specified by licensing requirements. All staff go through the following:
- A lengthy application process
- First and second level interview approval
- Three work related reference checks
- Hamilton County police background checks
- TBI fingerprinting and background checks
- Negative findings on the State Abuse Registry
- Physician physical
All e-KIDS Learning Center teachers and supervisors have appropriate credentials for the position they hold. Lead Teachers have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree
- Associate Degree
- CDA (Child Development Associate)
- TECTA (Tennessee Early Childhood Teaching Accreditation) Certification
All staff are encouraged to continue to broaden their knowledge in Early Childhood Education, to participate in staff development opportunities and to maintain certification in CPR/First Aid training.
Security is an important concern at e-KIDS.
LOCKED ENTRY –
Visitors are kept behind locked entry doors until their identity can be validated by a picture ID.
CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION SYSTEM –
Each childcare classroom and some outdoor spaces are monitored by a closed circuit television system.
UNIFORMED STAFF –
Our staff wears standardized uniforms that increase the ease of identification of visitors and family members.
Telephones are located in each classroom so that a teacher may call for assistance or access 911 for an emergency situation.
The playgrounds are surrounded by a vinyl fence that occludes the direct view from the surrounding area.